Tuesday 22 December 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernnadette Stanis in Brooklyn and David Leisner.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Knights of the Round Table, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1953 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Bernnadette Stanis in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Thelma - Good Times).
- David Leisner: Composer.
- Bern Nadette Stanis: actress.
- Juanita Katt: American noted family, the daughter of Barbara Hale and husband Bill Williams, sister to actor William Katt.
- Bern Stanis: TV Actress.
- Jack Dunn III, owner of Baltimore Orioles in International League, turns name over to newly relocated Saint Louis Browns.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?