Thursday 22 December 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Adriana Brodsky: Argentina actress and former showgirl.
- Jean-Louis Gauthier: French road bicycle racer, professional from 1977 to 1987.
- Galina Murašova: Lithuanian discus thrower.
- Lonnie Smith: American baseball player.
- Thomas Südhof: German-American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- American cytogeneticist Joe Hin Tjio discovers the correct number of human chromosomes, forty-six.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?