Saturday 22 December 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcy Hanson and Cojo in Columbus.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boyd Q.C..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Marcy Hanson: Galveston, Texas -- Playmate (Oct, 1978).
- Cojo in Columbus: Ohio, USA; first gorilla born in captivity.
- Erica Boyer: American porn actress and producer (d. 2009).
- Jane Lighting: English businesswoman.
- New Faces of 1956 closes at Barrymore Theater NYC after 221 performances
- Last British / French troops leave Egypt
- Colo is born, the first gorilla to be bred in captivity.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?