Monday 22 December 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1958 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Frank Gambale: Australian guitarist songwriter and producer (Chick Corea Elektric Band Return to Forever and Vital Information).
- David Heavener: American singer-songwriter producer actor and director.
- Lenny Von Dohlen in Augusta: Georgia, USA; actor (Love Kills, Electric Dreams).
- Fjodor W Gladkow: Russian Author (Cement), dies at 75.
- Chipmunk Song reaches #1
- Whoop-Up opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 56 performances
- 2nd Dutch Beel government forms
- Lion Feuchtwanger, German/US philosopher (Jndische Krieg, Der falsche Nero), dies at age 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1958 and get them!