Tuesday 22 December 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1959 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Bernd Schuster: German footballer and manager.
- Gilda Gray: Polish-American actress singer and dancer (d. 1959).
- Continental League awards its last franchise to Dallas-Fort Worth.
- New York Rangers' goalie Marcel Paille wears a customized mask.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?