Saturday 22 December 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1962 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Kinderman Place in the Bronx named
- 1,000,000th NBA point scored.
- Harris County voters approve all-weather stadium for Houston Colt .45s.
- quotBig Freezequot in Britain: There are no frost-free nights until March 5, 1963.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Dion - Love Came To Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?