Sunday 22 December 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Love Bug, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1968 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Emre Aracı: Turkish composer conductor and historian.
- Luis Hernández: Mexican footballer.
- Lauralee "Bug" Bell in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Cricket - The Young and the Restless).
- Dina Meyer: American actress.
- Lauralee Bell: American actress, the daughter of TV producer Bill Bell who created and produced "The Young and the Restless" with his wife.
- Louise Granville: Entertainer, dies of influenza at 73.
- Julie Nixon weds Dwight David Eisenhower
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?