Monday 22 December 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcie Aguilar in Tucson and Andrew Scott.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Someday We'll Be Together by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
The Punch Bowl, directed by Helmut Weiss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Luftsprünge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1969 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Marcie Aguilar in Tucson: Arizona, USA; female infielder (Colorado Silver Bullets).
- Andrew Scott: Australian baseball infielder (Olympics-1996).
- Greg Biffle: American racecar driver.
- Myriam Bedard: Canadian athlete.
- Wilfried Forgues: French professional canoe/kayaker who won a Gold Medal in the Atlanta Olympics, 7/28/1996.
- Pete Marovich sets NCAA record of hitting 30 of 31 foul shots.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 December 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?