Wednesday 22 December 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Brand New Key by Melanie.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Straw Dogs, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1971 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:22 December
- KUAC TV channel 9 in Fairbanks / College, AK (PBS) begins broadcasting
- UN General Assembly ratifies Kurt Waldheim as Secretary General
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- David Cassidy - Cherish
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?