Friday 22 December 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Thompson and Andrew Moore.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1972 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Mike Thompson: NFL defensive tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Andrew Moore: WLAF tackle (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Kirk Maltby in Guelph: Ontario, Canada; NHL right wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Franck Cammas: French record-breaking navigator and sailor, he and his yacht crew did a world toure Route de Rhum transatlantic race.
- Vanessa Paradis: French singer and actress, seen in "Elisa" with Depardieu, directed by Jean Becker.
- Claudia Poll: Costa Rican swimmer, Gold in 200M Freestyle in Atlanta
- Big Tigger: television host
- Kirk Maltby: Canadian ice hockey player and scout
- 6.25 earthquake strikes Managua Nicaragua, 12,000+ killed
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?