Saturday 22 December 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Most Beautiful Girl by Charlie Rich.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Magnum Force, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1973 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Jamel Williams: safety (Washington Redskins).
- Annie Pelletier in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; 3 metre diver (Olympics-bronze-1996).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?