Tuesday 22 December 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1981 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- David Cormican: Canadian actor and producer.
- Marina Kuptsova: Russian high jumper.
- Megumi Yasu: Japanese actress.
- Cheek : Rapper.
- Argentine General Leopoldo Galtieri sworn in as president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?