Monday 22 December 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK The Final Countdown by Europe was in the top 5 hits.
Little Shop of Horrors, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1986!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1986 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Umar Abdulmutallab: Nigerian terrorist.
- Dennis Armfield: Australian footballer.
- Fatih Öztürk: Turkish footballer.
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: Nigerian terrorist suspect.
- Jeffery Wood: Actor (Austin Warren-In The House).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Robbie Nevil - C'est La Vie
- Duran Duran - Notorious
- Janet Jackson - Control
- Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
- Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
- Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- War (Live) - Bruce Springsteen
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- The Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?