Tuesday 22 December 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Faith by George Michael.
In UK Always On My Mind by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Good Morning, Vietnam, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Tommyknockers by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1987!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1987 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Éder : Bissau-Portuguese footballer.
- Johannes Ahun: Estonian windsurfer.
- Garfield Darien: French hurdler.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Whitney Houston - So Emotional
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Cherry Bomb
- George Michael - Faith
- Whitesnake - Is This Love
- Debbie Gibson - Shake Your Love
- Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me
- Pretty Poison - Catch Me (I'm Falling)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?