Friday 22 December 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
In UK You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Always, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Daddy by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1989 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Logan Huffman: American actor.
- Jharal Yow Yeh: professional rugby league player.
- Jordin Sparks: American singer and American Idol winner.
- Beautyklove : YouTube Star.
- Jharal Yeh: Australian rugby player.
- Samuel Beckett: Irish author of prose, fiction and avant-garde plays, who established the contemporary theater of the absurd with his surrealistic "Waiting for Godot.
- After 23 years of dictatorial rule, Romania ousts Nicolea Ceausescu
- Chad adopts its constitution.
- After a week of bloody demonstrations, Ion Iliescu takes over as president of Romania, ending Nicolae Ceausescu's Communist dictatorship.
- Berlin's Brandenburg Gate re-opens after nearly 30 years, effectively ending the division of East and West Germany.
- US cold wave: -42 degrees F in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, -47 degrees F in Hardin, Montana and -60 degrees F in Black Hills, South Dakota.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?