Monday 22 December 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 December 2008 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 December
- The American Environmental Protection Agency publishes a Clean Water Act General Permit that will allow cruise ships to dump unlimited quantities of untreated "graywater" into the ocean just a mile from U.S. shores.
- An ash dike ruptured at a solid waste containment area in Roane County, Tennessee, releasing 1.1 billion gallons (4.2 million m?) of coal fly ash slurry.
- Results of Turkmenistan's parliamentary election of December 14 are announced. (VOA News)
- Romanian legislative election, 2008: Emil Boc is sworn in as the new Prime Minister and will lead a coalition government of the Democrat Liberals and Social Democrats. (AP via Google)
- President of Guinea Lansana Conté dies at age 74. If the Supreme Court declares the position vacant, National Assembly Speaker Aboubacar Somparé will take over for 60 days. (AFP via the ''Canberra Times'')
- A jury finds five men guilty of conspiring to kill soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey, United States. (CNN)
- Nine human heads and decapitated bodies, believed to belong to eight soldiers and one high-ranking former police officer, are found in Chilpancingo, Guerrero, Mexico. (CNN)
- Toyota Motor Corporation, the world’s largest automaker, forecasts its first operating loss in 70 years, due to the automotive crisis. (''New York Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?