Saturday 22 February 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Hiawatha, directed by Hilde Hadges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1913!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1913 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- George Holmes ''Buddy'' Tate: American jazz musician (d. 2001).
- Buddy Tate: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 2001).
- Ranko Marinković: Croatian author and playwright (d. 2001).
- Mexican Revolution: Assassination of President Francisco I. Madero and Vice President José María Pino Suárez. Is succeeded by General Victoriano Huerta.
- The House of Romanov celebrates the 300th anniversary of its succession to the throne, amidst an outpouring of monarchist sentiment in Russia.
- Following the assassination of his rival Song Jiaoren, Yuan Shikai uses military force to dissolve China's parliament and rules as a dictator.
- Woodrow Wilson succeeds William Howard Taft as the 28th President of the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Because
- My Little Persian Rose - Peerless Quartet
- Fo' De Lawd's Sake, Play a Waltz - Elsie Janis
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 February 1913 and get them!