Friday 22 February 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Finley and Charles Finley.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1918 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Charlie Finley: American sports entrepreneur (d. 1996).
- Charles Finley: American former owner of the Oakland Athletics Baseball team who became an insurance agent.
- Robert Wadlow: American giant who weighed 12 lbs at birth and was the size of a three-year-old by the age of six months.
- Sid Abel: Canadian-American ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2000).
- Don Pardo: American radio and television announcer (d. 2014).
- Germany claims Baltic states, Finland and Ukraine from Russia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 February 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- I'm Crazy Over Every Girl in France - Avon Comedy Four
- Wait Till the Cows Come Home - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline
- Give Me the Moonlight, Give Me the Girl (And Leave the Rest to Me) - Sam Ash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?