Tuesday 22 February 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wayne Booth and Jean-Bedel Bokassa.
The Hope Diamond Mystery, directed by Stuart Paton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1921!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1921 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Wayne Booth: American literary critic (d. 2005).
- Jean-Bedel Bokassa: Central African Republic leader (d. 1996).
- David Greene: British director (d. 2003).
- Giulietta Masina: Italian actress who acted with such depth and passion that she was able to imbue the ordinary with touches of the bizarre.
- Jean Duvignaud: La Rochelle Writer.
- Jean-Bédel Bokassa: Central African general and politician 2nd President of the Central African Republic (d. 1996)
- Salim Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (Born 1864).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm a Jazz Vampire - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?