Tuesday 22 February 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wayne Booth and Jean-Bedel Bokassa.
The Hope Diamond Mystery, directed by Stuart Paton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1921!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1921 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Wayne Booth: American literary critic (d. 2005).
- Jean-Bedel Bokassa: Central African Republic leader (d. 1996).
- David Greene: British director (d. 2003).
- Giulietta Masina: Italian actress who acted with such depth and passion that she was able to imbue the ordinary with touches of the bizarre.
- Jean Duvignaud: La Rochelle Writer.
- Jean-Bédel Bokassa: Central African general and politician 2nd President of the Central African Republic (d. 1996)
- Salim Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (Born 1864).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 February 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm a Jazz Vampire - Marion Harris
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?