Wednesday 22 February 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1939 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- André Lawrence: Canadian actor, movies and French TV, active between 1964 and 1979.
- Alain Jacquet: French artist, representative of the American Pop Art movement, known for his "Camouflage Botticelli (Birth of Venus)" (1963-64), which references the painting "The Birth of Venus" by Sandro Botticelli.
- Steve Barber pitcher (Baltimore Orioles: New York Yankees).
- Antonio Machado: Spanish poet and one of the leading figures of the Spanish literary movement known as the Generation of '98.
- Netherlands recognizes Franco-regime in Spain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?