Monday 22 February 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1943 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Horst Kohler: President of Germany.
- Louise Lopez: Singer.
- Tom Van Arsdale NBA all-star (Detroit: Cincinnati, Kansas City-Omaha, Philadelphia).
- Dick Van Arsdale NBA all-star (New York Knicks: Phoenix Suns).
- David E: Skaggs; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Colorado).
- Tom Van Arsdale: American athlete, pro basketball player for a variety of NBA teams from 1966-1977. Twin of Dick Van Arsdale
- Dick Van Arsdale: American athlete, pro basketball player from 1966-1977 for the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns. Twin of Tom Van Arsdale.
- Terry Eagleton: English philosopher and critic
- Horst Köhler: Polish-German economist and politician 9th President of Germany
- Otoya Yamaguchi: Japanese assassin of Inejiro Asanuma (d. 1960)
- Christoph Probst: German resistance fighter (That Weisse Rose), dies.
- Sophie Scholl: German patriot, an active member of the Resistance Movement in "The White Rose" resistance cell, She and her brother Hans, who joined her in the resistance, were captured by the SS, and she was executed by beheading at the hands of the Gestapo on 2/22/1943, Munich, Germany.
- Hans Scholl: German patriot, an active member of the resistance movement "Die Weisse Rose".
- World War II: Members of White Rose are executed in Nazi Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?