Wednesday 22 February 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1956 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Pedro Tornaghi: Brazilian astrologer and yoga teacher.
- Amy Alcott in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; LPGA golfer (1983 Nabisco Dinah Shore, Vare Trophy 1980, 1983).
- Alexandros Svolos: Greek legal expert and politician (Born 1892).
- 1st British soccer match at Kunstlicht: Portsmouth vs. Newcastle United
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?