Thursday 22 February 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lenda Murray in Detroit and Lisa Jacquin.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Walk on the Wild Side, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1962 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Lenda Murray in Detroit: Michigan, USA; body builder (four times Ms Olympia).
- Lisa Jacquin: equestrian show jumper (Olympics-1996).
- Les Wallace: Scottish darts player.
- Steve Irwin: Australian television personality and environmentalist, he is arguably best known as a crocodile handler.
- John Wayne: American noted family, the son of actor John Wayne and his wife, Pilar Pallette.
- Wilt Chamberlain sets NBA record with 34 free throw attempts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?