Tuesday 22 February 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1966 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Rachel Dratch: American actress and comedienne.
- Thorsten Kaye: Soap actor (Patrick-One Life to Live, Silencers).
- Aiden Shaw: English porn actor and singer.
- Resga Riggins: Trussville, Alabama -- Miss Alabama-America (1991).
- Suave: Singer.
- Mia Michaels: Choreographer
- Brian Greig: Australian openly-gay senator, appointed interim leader of the Australian Democrats (Australia's third political party) in 2002. The son of working parents, he moved with his family to Lancelin, a small fishing village two hours north of Perth, when he was four. His dad began a 30-year career as a professional crayfisher. At 13, Brian went to boarding school in Perth for five years, before going on to Murdoch University to study teaching. Captivated by student politics, Brian became embroiled in
- Brent Severyn in Vegreville: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (New York Islanders).
- Sheila Riggins in Trussville: Alabama, USA; Miss Alabama-America (1990).
- Paul de Keyser: Flemish philologist/folklorist, dies at age 74.
- Soviets launch Kosmos 110 with Veterok and Ugolek, 1st 2-dog crew
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?