Thursday 22 February 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reggie Rivers and Elna Reinach.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hauptstraße Glück.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1968 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Reggie Rivers: NFL running back (Denver Broncos).
- Elna Reinach: South African tennis player.
- Delphine Boël: Belgian artist making multi-media artworks.
- Kazuhiro Sasaki: Japanese sportsman, a Nippon Professional Baseball and Major League Baseball right-handed relief pitcher.
- Jayson Williams: American basketball player: forward/center, Nets.
- Jeri Ryan: American actress
- Shawn Graham: Canadian politician 31st Premier of New Brunswick
- Bradley Nowell: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Sublime) (d. 1996)
- Rock group Genesis release their first record "The Silent Sun".
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?