Tuesday 22 February 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Chang in Hoboken and Christin Didier.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I geitonia mas.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1972 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Michael Chang in Hoboken: New Jersey, USA; tennis star (1989 French Open).
- Christin Didier: Miss Montana-USA (1997).
- Vincenzo Bocciarelli: Italian theatre, film and television actor.
- Michael Chang: Chinese-American, at age 17 the youngest man to ever win the French Open, fast-rising young star on men's pro tennis circuit.
- Laurence Leboucher: French professional cross-country mountain bike and cyclo-cross racer.
- Claudia Pechstein: German speed skater
- President Nixon, meets with Chinese Premier Chou En-Lai in Beijing
- Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani becomes Amir and Prime Minister of Qatar.
- US President Richard Nixon meets with Chinese Premier Chou En-Lai in Beijing.
- The Official Irish Republican Army detonates a car bomb at Aldershot barracks, killing seven and injuring nineteen others.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Apollo 100 - Joy
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Carole King - Sweet Seasons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?