Thursday 22 February 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
Fists of Fury, directed by Wei Lo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1973 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Juninho Paulista: Brazilian footballer.
- Kate Sage: Australian field hockey forward (1996 Olympics).
- Kimberly Davies: Melbourne, Victoria -- Actress (Baywatch).
- Einar Kristian Tveita: Norwegian athlete.
- Claus Lundekvam: Norwegian footballer.
- Ntala Skinner in Sun Valley: Idaho, USA; biathlete (Olympics-1994).
- James Christensen: NFL guard (Atlanta Falcons).
- Olivier Girault: French team handball player, who is currently the coach of the Paris Handball team. He retired as a field player in 2008 after the victory of the France national handball team (of which he was the captain) at the Beijing Olympics.
- Scott Phillips: American Drummer Creed
- Philippe Gaumont: French road and track racing classic, he won "Les 4 jours de Dunkerque" and "Gent-Wevelgem", and a bronze medal at the Olympics (1992). Well-known for having confessed to extensive doping. He died aged 40.
- US and China agree to establish liaison offices in Beijing and Washington DC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 February 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?