Saturday 22 February 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Drew Barrymore in Los Angeles and Gregory Maddalone in Schenectady.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Pick Up The Pieces by AWB.
In UK January by Pilot was in the top 5 hits.
A Boy and His Dog, directed by L.Q. Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barney Miller.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gun Fight or Indy 800.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1975!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1975 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Drew Barrymore in Los Angeles: California; actress (ET, Firestarter, Poison Ivy, Altered States).
- Gregory Maddalone in Schenectady: New York, USA; dance skater (and Demkowski).
- Drew Barrymore: American actress and noted family, the daughter of John Drew Barrymore and Idelko Jaid who bears the name of an acting family that has been famous for generations.
- Charles O'Bannon: American basketball player: guard/forward, Pistons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- AWB - Pick Up The Pieces
- Eagles - Best Of My Love
- Grand Funk - Some Kind Of Wonderful
- The Doobie Brothers - Black Water
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
- America - Lonely People
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
- Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
- John Lennon - #9 Dream
- Carole King - Nightingale
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?