Tuesday 22 February 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Penny Flame and Mimi Michaels.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Baby, Come To Me by Patti Austin.
In UK Too Shy by Kajagoogoo was in the top 5 hits.
The Beyond, directed by Lucio Fulci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Mistral'S Daughter by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Machine Gunners.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bugaboo (The Flea) or M.U.L.E..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1983!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1983 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Penny Flame: American pornographic actress.
- Mimi Michaels: Movie Actress.
- Jennifer Ketcham: American porn actress and director.
- Iliza Shlesinger: American comedian and actress.
- Shaun Tait: Australian cricketer.
- Hindus kill 3000 Muslims in Assam, India.
- Vladimir Salnikov (USSR) sets 1500 metre freestyle swimming record.
- The notorious Broadway flop Moose Murders opens and closes on the same night at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Patti Austin - Baby, Come To Me
- Bob Seger - Shame On The Moon
- Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Eddie Rabbitt - You And I
- Men At Work - Down Under
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?