Thursday 22 February 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Say It Right by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Leaves Out of the Book of Satan, directed by Carl Th. Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 February 2007 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 February
- Iraq War:
- The U.S. military reports that a helicopter was shot down north of Baghdad. (BBC)
- 2007 chlorine bombings in Iraq: U.S. military officials say they are concerned about recent attacks by insurgents involving poisonous chlorine gas. (BBC)
- Prince Harry of Wales will serve a tour of duty in Iraq as part of the Blues and Royals regiment of the British Army. (New York Times)
- United States Army Sergeant Paul Cortez is sentenced to 100 years in prison with the possibility of parole after ten years for his role in the gang rape and murder of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the murder of her family. (AP via USA Today)
- Leaders of Italy's centre-left coalition have agreed to support Romano Prodi and a 12-point program meaning that he can resume serving as Prime Minister of Italy. (Reuters via Swissinfo)
- Abdel Kareem Soliman is convicted of insulting Islam and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on his weblog and is sentenced to four years in prison. (BBC)
- Four men are arrested in Guatemala for the killing of three Central American Parliament members from El Salvador and their driver. (AP via CNN)
- Japan records a trade surplus of ¥4.4 billion in January due to lower oil prices and strong exports. (Reuters via CNN)
- Vice-President of the United States Dick Cheney arrives in Australia to discuss issues including Iraq, Afghanistan and the detention of David Hicks with the Australian government. Upon arrival he is greeted by violent demonstrations. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Seven people are detained in India in relation to the 2007 Samjhauta Express bombings. (NDTV)
- A fire breaks out on an Indonesian ferry, the Levina 1, carrying 350 passengers shortly after it leaves Jakarta. (BBC)
- Cyclone Favio hits central Mozambique. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Akon - I Wanna Love You
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?