Sunday 22 February 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 February 2009 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Scarlett Starr: English child of noted parent, her mother is Melanie Chisholm, former Spice Girl, and Thomas Starr.
- In Los Angeles, California, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences holds its Oscar awards ceremony. Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
- A bomb kills one person and injures 20 others in the Khan el-Khalili souq of Cairo, Egypt. (Reuters)
- An Al-Shabaab suicide attack kills at least 11 and injures 15 more Burundian peacekeepers on an African Union military base in Mogadishu, Somalia. (BBC)
- Greek convicts Vassilis Paleokostas and Alket Rizai escape from Athens' Korydallos Prison via a helicopter. (BBC)
- Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison reopens under the new name Baghdad Central Prison. (''Washington Post'')
- Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyễn Tấn Dũng inaugurates the country's first oil refinery. (AFP via Google News)
- Australia holds a national day of mourning for the 209 confirmed victims of recent bushfires in Victoria. (''Melbourne Herald Sun'')
- The Tamil Tigers kill 10 people in Kirimetiyagara, Sri Lanka. (AFP via ''The Melbourne Age'')
- An outbreak of hepatitis B in Gujarat, India, kills at least 38 people. (CNN)
- The European Council meets in Berlin, Germany, to discuss the current economic crisis. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 February 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?