Wednesday 22 February 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Wanderlust, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land or Cortex Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 22 February 2012 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 February
- Afghanistan Quran protests:
- Hundreds of Afghans hold violent protests against the alleged burning of Qurans at the Bagram Airbase north of Kabul. (Reuters)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- Two Western journalists are killed in the Syrian city of Homs, American Marie Colvin working for the ''Sunday Times'' and French photographer Remi Ochlik. (Reuters)
- Activists report that at least 92 people have been killed across Syria after security force shelling intensified in the rebel-held Baba Amr district in the city of Homs. (Al Arabiya)
- Explosions are reported in the northern Nigerian city of Kano. (AFP via Google News)
- Somalian Civil War:
- Operation Linda Nchi: The al-Shabaab militant base of Baidoa is captured by Ethiopian and Somali forces. (BBC)
- The United Nations Security Council votes to increase the size of the African Union peacekeeping force to 18,000. (''The Guardian'')
- Thousands of people in the New Zealand city of Christchurch commemorate the first anniversary of the earthquake that killed 185 people last year. (TV New Zealand)
- A train crash in Buenos Aires, Argentina, kills at least 50 people and injures hundreds. (BBC)
- Seven US Marines die in a helicopter crash on the border of the states of California and Arizona. (CNN)
- Azerbaijan's National Security Ministry says it has uncovered a terrorist plot aimed at Jewish targets organized by a non-state group linked to Iran's Revolutionary Guard and Lebanon's Hezbollah. (RIA Novosti)
- The International Atomic Energy Agency states that Iran has denied inspectors access to the Parchin military site where it believes that suspicious nuclear activities may be taking place. (Al Jazeera)
- Indonesian police storm Kerobokan Prison on the island of Bali to end a riot with two prisoners injured. (Reuters)
- In Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S., former University of Virginia men's lacrosse player George Huguely is found guilty of second-degree murder in the 2010 death of former UVA women's lacrosse player Yeardley Love. The jury recommends a 26-year prison sentence, with formal sentencing scheduled for April. (ABC News)
- Yoaz Hendel, the top spokesman for Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, resigns following a disagreement over handling an issue involving another aide. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Kevin Rudd resigns as Foreign Minister of Australia after alleged ampquotattacks on credibilityampquot by supporters of Prime Minister Julia Gillard. (''Herald-Sun'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?