Monday 22 January 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Blind Justice, directed by Benjamin Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1917 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Huck Geary: American baseball player (d. 1981).
- Albert "Pud" Brown: Clarinetist / saxophonist.
- Herwig Hensen [Flor Mielants]: Flemish poet / playwright.
- Jean-Louis Crémieux-Brilhac: French Resistance fighter, senior official, and historian.
- World War I: President Woodrow Wilson of the still-neutral United States calls for ''peace without victory'' in Europe.
- WWI: President Woodrow Wilson calls for quotpeace without victoryquot in Germany.
- The Danish West Indies is sold to the United States for $25 million.
- An anti-prostitution drive in San Francisco attracts huge crowds to public meetings. At one meeting attended by 7,000 people, 20,000 are kept out for lack of room. In a conference with Rev. Paul Smith, an outspoken foe of prostitution, 300 prostitutes make a plea for toleration, explaining they had been forced into the practice by poverty. When Smith asks if they will take other work at $8 to $10 a week, the ladies laugh derisively, which loses them public sympathy. The police close about 200
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
- Someone Else May be There While I'm Gone - Al Jolson
- Way Down in Iowa, I'm Going to Hide Away - Irving Kaufman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?