Thursday 22 January 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Cimarron, directed by Richard Dix, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1931 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Fletcher Jones: American businessman, computer pioneer and thoroughbred racehorse owner.
- Paul Cassagne: France sport Champion.
- Galina Zybina: in USSR; discus thrower (15 world records between 1952-58).
- Sam Cooke in Clarksdale: Mississippi, USA; American gospel and blues singer ("You Send Me", "Another Saturday Night", "Twisting The Night Away") (dies 1964).
- Sam Cooke: American performer with incredible singing talent, whose mixture of pop and gospel laid the foundations for the rise of modern soul music.
- Alma Rubens: American actress (Born 1897).
- VARA begins experimental TV broadcast in Diamantbeurs, Amsterdam.
- French government of Theodore Steeg falls.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 January 1931 and get them!