Saturday 22 January 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James P and Steve Perry in Hanford.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Admiral Broadway Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1949 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- James P: Pennington; rocker (Exile).
- Steve Perry in Hanford: California, USA; vocalist (Journey - "Open Arms", "Oh Sherry").
- Rein P: Hummel; Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Steve Perry: American singer, songwriter, record producer, and musician, best known as the lead singer of the rock band Journey during their most commercially successful periods from 1977 to 1987 and again from 1995 to 1998.
- Mike Caldwell: American baseball player and coach.
- Phil Miller: English guitarist (National Health In Cahoots Matching Mole and Hatfield and the North)
- William Thomas Walsh: American author (Born 1891).
- All for Love opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 121 performances
- Chinatown telephone exchange closed
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?