Saturday 22 January 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1955 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Thomas David Jones in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; PhD/Astronaut (STS 59, 68, 80, sk 98).
- Timothy R Ferguson: American politician.
- Neil Bush: American entrepreneur and noted family, the third son of President George Bush.
- Thomas Jones: American captain pilot and astronaut.
- Timothy Ferguson: American politician.
- Norwegian government of Einar Gerhardsen forms.
- The Pentagon announces a plan to develop ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles) armed with nuclear weapons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?