Tuesday 22 January 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1957 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Betty Stallone: Italian homicide; strangled her lesbian lover.
- Mike Bossy: NHL forward (NY Islanders) - 1st 50 goals in 50 game.
- Brian Dayett: American baseball player and manager.
- Rene Requiestas: Filipino comedian and actor (d. 1993).
- Godfrey Thoma: Nauruan politician.
- Francis Wheen: English journalist and author
- Israeli forces withdraw from the Sinai Penisula.
- Israel withdraws from the Sinai Peninsula.
- The New York City ''Mad Bomber'', George P. Metesky, is arrested in Waterbury, Connecticut and is charged with planting more than 30 bombs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 January 1957 and get them!