Friday 22 January 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1960 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Michael Hutchence: Australian musician, vocalist of the band, "INXS.
- Philippe Méchet: French political scientist.
- Coal mine of Johnburg caves-in, 417 die
- 10th NBA All-Star Game: East beats West 125-115 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Paul Pender beats Sugar Ray Robinson for middleweight boxing title.
- French President Charles de Gaulle escapes assassination attempt by General Massu.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?