Wednesday 22 January 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
Man's Favorite Sport?, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1964 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Stojko Vrankovic: Croatian-American basketball player: center, Clippers.
- Joe Dudek: American football player.
- Ann Rowe: Auburn, Maine -- Miss Maine-America (1991).
- Maria Ellingsen: Reykjavik, Iceland -- Actress (Katrina-Santa Barbara).
- Ann Rowe in Auburn: Maine, USA; Miss Maine-America (1990).
- Wayne Kirby in Williamsburg: Virginia, USA; outfielder (Cleveland Indians, Los Angeles Dodgers).
- Nigel Benn: English-Australian boxer
- Stojko Vranković: Croatian basketball player
- Marc Blitzstein: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer (Cradle Will Rock).
- Kenneth Kaunda becomes premier of North-Rhodesia (Zambia).
- President Lyndon Johnson dedicates new Smithsonian Institution Museum of History and Technology.
- Kenneth Kaunda is inaugurated as the first Prime Minister of Northern Rhodesia.
- Pope Paul VI institutes the World Day of Prayer for Vocations. It is being observed up to now. During this celebration the Popes remind the universal Church that still today salvation comes to us. It is celebrated every Fourth Sunday of Easter also known as Good Shepherd Sunday.
- Thirteen years after its proposal and nearly 2 years after its passage by the United States Senate, the 24th Amendment to the United States Constitution, prohibiting the use of poll taxes in national elections, is ratified.
- Arthur Miller's ''After the Fall'' opens on Broadway. A semi-autobiographical work, it arouses controversy over his portrayal of late ex-wife Marilyn Monroe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?