Wednesday 22 January 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christina Marie Leardini and Ousmane Bary.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Salto mortale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1969 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Christina Marie Leardini: St. Petersburg, Florida -- Playmate (Apr, 1991).
- Ousmane Bary: WLAF cornerback (Barcelona Dragons).
- Shelley Sandie Australian basketball guard (Olympics-1988: 1996).
- Vinnie Clark: NFL cornerback (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- John Linton Roberson: American cartoonist.
- Olivia d'Abo: English-American singer-songwriter and actress
- Keith Gordon: US baseball outfielder (Cincinnati Reds).
- Celebration opens at Ambassador Theater NYC for 110 performances
- Billy Preston becomes 5th Beatle
- Roy Campanella and Stan Musial elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
- Orbiting Solar Observatory 5 launched into earth orbit.
- Judy Garland, singer/actress (Wizard of Oz), dies at age 48 of an overdose.
- A gunman attempts to assassinate Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 January 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?