Tuesday 22 January 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 January 2008 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 January
- The U.S. Federal Reserve reduces the federal funds rate by 0.75 points, to 3.5 percent, the largest single drop in 23 years.
- Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson drops out of the race to be US President.
- Polish Air Force EADS CASA C-295 crashes on approach to the 12th Air Base near Mirosławiec. All 20 personnel on board die.
- Thousands of Palestinians cross into Egypt, as the border wall with Gaza in Rafah is blown up by militants.
- January 2008 stock market downturn: After further losses in international markets, the United States Federal Reserve System cuts its primary interest rate by 75 basis points to 3.5%, the largest move in the interest rate since 1982. The Dow Jones Industrial Average recovers after initial losses of almost 500 points to close at 11,971.19, down only 1.06%. (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
- Bird flu cases in poultry spread in India, as the H5N1 virus infects seven districts in the state of West Bengal. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- A study released by two non-profit journalism watchdogs concludes that the Bush administration released ampquotan orchestrated campaignampquot of 935 erroneous public statements about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction and ties to al Qaeda in the months leading up to the U.S. invasion of Iraq. (AP)
- U.S. presidential election, 2008: Former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson withdraws his candidacy. (CNN)
- The nominees of the 80th Academy Awards are announced. (BBC News)
- Actor Heath Ledger of Australia dies in New York City of a medication overdose at age 28. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?