Wednesday 22 July 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1908 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Amy Vanderbilt: US author (Complete book of etiquette), dies at age 66.
- Randal Cremer: English politician and pacifist, Nobel Peace Prize laureate (Born 1828).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Madama Butterfly - Finale Act I: O Quantiocchi Fisi (O Kindly Heavens) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?