Sunday 22 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1923 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Bob Dole: American politician; U.S.
- Mukesh : Indian playback singer (Born 1923).
- César Ardavín: Spanish director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- The Fabulous Moolah: American wrestler (d. 2007).
- The Fabulous Moolah: American professional wrestler (d. 2007).
- Walter Johnson becomes the first to strikeout 3,000 in Major League Baseball.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Billy Jones
- Barney Google - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Original Memphis Five - Who's Sorry Now?
- Morning Will Come - Georgie Price
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?