Sunday 22 July 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Mating Call, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1928 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Orson Bean: American TV and stage actor, producer and author.
- Robert Bergland: Roseau Politician.
- Bob Bergland: American politician, a member of the US Congress from 1971-1977 and Secretary of Agriculture under President Carter from 1977-1981.
- Jimmy Hill: English footballer manager and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Georg Dreyfus: Composer.
- Robert Barcia: French politician, also known as 'Hardy' and Roger Girardot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?