Saturday 22 July 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guich Koock in Austin and Estelle Bennett in New York City.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1944 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Guich Koock in Austin: Texas, USA; actor (Harley Puckett - Carter Country).
- Estelle Bennett in New York City: New York, USA; vocalist (Ronettes - "Be My Baby").
- Sparky Lyle relief pitcher (New York Yankees: Cy Young Award winner).
- Dennis Firestone: Australian racing driver.
- Jörn Klamroth: TV and film producer.
- Joyce Hume:
- Rick Davies: London, England -- Rock vocalist / keyboardist (Supertramp)
- Sparky Lyle: American baseball player and manager
- Anand Satyanand: New Zealand lawyer judge and politician 19th Governor-General of New Zealand
- The International Monetary Fund is created at the conference at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire.
- Soviets set up Polish Committee of National Liberation.
- The Polish Committee of National Liberation publishes its manifesto, starting the period of Communist rule in Poland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?