Monday 22 July 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1946 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Paul Jorion: Belgian anthropologist, sociologist with a special interest in the cognitive sciences.
- Stephen M Wolownik: American musicologist (d. 2000).
- Paul-Loup Sulitzer: French financier and author.
- Paul Schrader: Director (American Gigolo, Cat People, Hardcore).
- Rolando Tirona: Filipino archbishop.
- Johnson Toribiong: Palauan lawyer and politician 7th President of Palau
- Danny Glover: American actor, film director and political activist. Glover is well known for his roles as Detective Sergeant Roger Murtaugh in the Lethal Weapon film series, Mr. Albert Johnson in The Color Purple, cowboy Mal Johnson in Silverado, Michael Harrigan in Predator 2, corrupt cop James McFee in Witness, Colonel Isaac Johnson in Shooter, Detective David Tapp in Saw, and George Knox in Angels in the Outfield. He has also appeared in many other movies, television shows, and theatrical productions. He i
- Steve Friedman: TV news executive / actor (American Anthem)
- Mireille Mathieu: French singer, more than 120 million records sold worldwide.
- Jean-Lou Peupion: French race horse trainer, who trained two winners of the Prix de l'Étoile (1983, 1989).
- Fernando Morais: Brazilian writer, the author of biographies and romances that include " Olga" and "Chatô. "
- Estelle Bennett in New York City, New York, USA; rocker (The Ronettes).
- King David Hotel bombing: a Zionist underground organisation, the Irgun, bombs the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, site of the civil administration and military headquarters for Mandate Palestine, resulting in 91 deaths.
- Nuclear testing: In the first underwater test of the atomic bomb, the surplus USS ''Saratoga'' is sunk near Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean, when the United States detonates the ''Baker'' device during Operation Crossroads.
- At Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis stage their first show as a comedy team.
- The Atomic Energy Commission is established.
- The Hungarian Forint is introduced in Hungary by the government, ending the world's biggest hyperinflation in the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Who Do You Love I Hope - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?