Sunday 22 July 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tisa Farrow and J V Cain.
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1951 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Tisa Farrow: Los Angeles, California -- Actress (Zombie, Fingers, Grim Reaper).
- J V Cain: American football player (d. 1979).
- Giovanni Battaglin: Italian cyclist.
- Richard Bennett: American guitarist and producer (The Notorious Cherry Bombs).
- Daniel: Patriarch Daniel of Romania.
- Gen Francisco Craveiro Lopes appointed President of Portugal
- Dezik (?????) and Tsygan (?????, ''Gypsy'') are the first dogs to make a sub-orbital flight.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Champ Butler
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?