Thursday 22 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al Dimeola and Henriette Allais Jacksonville FL.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Broken Lance, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1954 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Al Dimeola: Rocker.
- Henriette Allais Jacksonville FL: Playmate (Mar, 1980).
- Al Di Meola: American musician, a guitarist, arranger and composer whose virtuoso styles in Rock-Jazz and fusion are sophisticated, intense and complex.
- Steve LaTourette: American lawyer and politician.
- Pierre Lebeau: Canadian actor.
- Lonette McKee: American actress and singer
- Virgin Islands (US) adopts constitution (Revised Organic Act)
- WTHI TV channel 10 in Terre Haute, IN (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?