Thursday 22 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Broken Lance, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1954 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Al Dimeola: Rocker.
- Henriette Allais Jacksonville FL: Playmate (Mar, 1980).
- Steve LaTourette: American lawyer and politician.
- Pierre Lebeau: Canadian actor.
- Lonette McKee: American actress and singer.
- Al Di Meola: American musician, a guitarist, arranger and composer whose virtuoso styles in Rock-Jazz and fusion are sophisticated, intense and complex. His career is built on his ability as a blazing fusion electric guitarist and as an acoustic player eager to explore music from other cultures. DiMeola burst upon the scene as a sensation when he replaced Bill Connors with "Return to Forever" in 1974 before he turned 20, entering his career at the top with three albums.
- Virgin Islands (US) adopts constitution (Revised Organic Act)
- WTHI TV channel 10 in Terre Haute, IN (CBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?