Friday 22 July 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Hunter, directed by Charles Laughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1955 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Willem Dafoe: American actor whose portrayal of the betrayed sergeant in "Platoon," 1986, earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
- Richard Corman: American businessman founded the R.J.
- Bill Ervolino: American stand-up comedian, humorist, author and columnist.
- Joseph Foley: Actor (Mr Peepers), dies at 45.
- 1st VP to preside over cabinet meeting-R Nixon
- Phillies longest win streak since 1892 hits 11
- First US Vice President to preside over cabinet meeting - Richard Nixon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Fats Domino - Ain't It A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?