Wednesday 22 July 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1959 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:22 July
- Earth gas found at Kolham (Slochteren) Groningen
- Kumamoto University medical research group studying Minamata disease concludes that it is caused by mercury.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Fabian - Tiger
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?